Monday, February 18, 2013

Our Weekend

And in this case our long weekend! 

Friday:  Hubs and I both took off Friday to go purchase new flooring for our hallway and entryway.  Easy peasy.  That took 45 minutes.  Then it just sat in there, acclimating.  Who knew my flooring would need to get used to us.

Don't recall much of what else we did Friday.  Lazed about - played with the babe!

Gosh, If I'm going to be a blogger I'm going to have to get way better at remembering the mundane things we do so I can beef them up and make them sound exciting.

Aren't you thrilled with our choice? 
I am - I'm so stinking excited to get floor down in there!

Saturday:  Basically, it was a countdown all day to date night!  We did some floor prep and hung out around the house.  Then, the clock finally struck 5pm marking the time we can drop off the babes for her first sleep over at her Nonna's house! 

Nonna  even bought Minnie Mouse footed pajamas (for herself)  for the occasion!
So, we're off!  Date Night - Here we come!

First:   We head to the fancy eating establishment of Chili's!  Get there, early, 5:30ish to learn of the 45 minute wait.  Grrr.  I don't wait well, neither does the man who claims his procrastination is just an enormous amount of patience. (lies)  So, we decide to give them our name and wait it out.  But... to add to the fun of the "Date Night" I have decided to give them the name, Triplehorn.  (for those of you who haven't seen Date Night, the movie - it's a must see!)  So, we stand there and stand there and about 10 minutes in we decide to forget it and head to the mall for some light shopping and super steak sandwich instead. 
But!  I didn't tell the hostess to remove our name from the list, so I know 40 minutes after we left they were walking around yelling for Triplehorn!  How much fun would that have been to be there and seen that?  Tons I know.  Makes me wish I had patience.  We hope someone stole our reservation! 

Second:  We head to the mall I make a quick stop at Old Navy for some new jeans (which came home and fit perfectly! - $19)  and a couple work out shirts - the thin/soft ones that allegedly wick away sweat or something - $5! (Grrr.  got home to discover one of the shirts I picked up was an XS.  Never in my life have I been a XS.  Don't think that would even be possible without some bone shaving! Had to take it back, ain't nobody got time for that!)

Third:  Retrieved our precious delish sammiches from the food court; fought our way back to the car.  The parking lot was eerily similar to December 16th.  We made it and I didn't even shoulder punch anyone.  I was quite proud. 

Fourth:  Got home.  Ate our sammiches (without holding an infant! YAY!)  Then decided on a movie, Flight, the Denzel Washington the alcoholic pilot movie.  Pretty good.  Kinda slow IMO. 
Finished that.  Took 3 Tylenol PMs to try to avoid the waking up every hour thing. Hit the sack before 9:30pm!  An hour after our bed time!  Party animals! 

Sunday:  Woke up around 7, tried my darnedest to go back to sleep, wouldn't work, got up, made french toast.  In all my adult life I don't think I've ever made french toast.  Success!  Laid about for a while.  Husband had an itch all weekend to go to Hastings to see what he needed, so we went by there before picking up the princess.  I was starting to get the Peyton itch by then.  But then I found the Clearance section of the kids book department.  Yikes!  Came home with 6 books.  Then went to pick up my baby!  I missed her.  Then went home, did all the laundry, dishes, cleaned cleaned cleaned, rearranged the dining room. 

Really rather boring weekend. But it was a good one :)

My Bookworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment