Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why oh why do bank drive throughs have big ole windows?


What advantage is that? 

It most certainly is not for the teller to notice my car sitting there before those other four cars she has already helped. 

It is not an advantage to let me see that the tellers are diligently working to accomodate all the customers in line. (hahaha sarcasm)

It is not an advantage to show me that all EIGHT lanes are open but there is only ONE teller working them.

It's like a slap in the face.  Hence the reason I was withdrawing what little money I had left in that account and moving it else where. 


I intentionally waited until after lunchtime-ish (2:45pm) to go so that way I would hopefully be helped quickly and would most likely run into the least amount of other customers.

JD's theory if you need to go to any government agency go at 2pm - best time to go! Didn't hold up for banks. :(

Is this at all banks or just mine?

I have contemplated how the tellers should be scheduled. 
They should be on a 30 minute rotation.  That way they get a 15 minute "working break" in between "focused customer" roations (they do NOTHING but help their assigned car lane customers)  The 15 minute break would ensure they would be able to productivly visit with their coworkers and obtain the items they need before getting back to their station.  Also, banks should schedule the MOST tellers at lunch time when MOST people do their banking!  Does this only make sense to me?

Why do the tellers even need to get up anyway?  Don't they have what they need at their station?  Cash and paperclips and envelopes?  Pens perhaps? 

To any bank managers who are reading my silly little blog I would be thrilled to provide you with my consulting services.  Name the time and place!  I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment