Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No GOAL!

Let me preface this tragic story by saying I will not use this blog to whine about my husband.  I do not believe that is good for any marriage, airing dirty laundry.  I have very little to whine about him anyway which is prob why this story was so outstanding.

So, after arriving home early a couple Fridays ago, I was feeling quite pleased with myself (cocky, would prob be better word :) having gone to spin 3 times that week!  Woot woot!

So, I thought I needed to try on my “goal shorts”  (just my Nike running shorts)  

With the result of:  Ehhh, still not enough improvement to wear them anywhere close to public.  Well, the hubsands ( I call him that sometimes) starts hollering a question about the baby in the kitchen, so I run in there to answer his question, while still wearing said shorts, and as I’m walking away, he asks, “aren’t those a little small?” 

GASP!  I know, y'all! 

I boohooed for an hour.
He didn’t know any better but it was still traumatic.  He didn't know there was a special meaning behind those shorts.

I’ve been blessed with a kind and thoughtful man who doesn’t open mouth insert foot often, so when he did do it, it was devastating! 

Yeah.  It was just so shocking.  I was flabbergasted, I whipped around and looked at him and I couldn’t decide whether to call him the ugliest name I could think of or laugh or just break down right there, so all I said was, “ha-ha” with HATE in my eyes.   Then I went and crawled into bed for 30 minutes while he dealt with the screaming baby.  Ha.  Take that.  Teach him not to talk about my shorts! 

Then I apologized for being a girl.  I hate being an emotional girl.  I HATE crying in front of him.  I HATE these post baby hormones.
He apologized for not knowing.
We forgave and moved on. 

Fact of the matter is, they are too small, but to point that out to someone you know is down on themselves about body issues ESPECIALLY to someone who is working her butt off to do something about it.  KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT, DUMB DUMB. 
These are them.  Nothing spectacular.  But one day.  One day soon.  I will wear them proudly. 

I’ve recovered.
Now off to spin I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment