Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Why oh why Wednesday - Stranger Danger!

So, I was sitting outside watching Peyt tool around in her walker and the little boy down the street (that I've never ever talked to) came up and started circling us on his scooter in my drive way without speaking to us.  So, after 5 minutes, I tell him he should really be concerned about strangers.  He said, yeah, my mom told me to be careful because drivers are lunatics (I should tell you now, that he has a speech impediment and so he says, lunatits - too cute!) and that some strangers might want to steal him. 
And the convo continued like this:
ME: how do you know I'm not going to steal you?
MASON: 'cause you look good, not bad
ME: well, you can't ever tell by looking at someone if they're bad or not
MASON: yeah huh
ME:  Nuh huh
MASON: yeah huh
ME:  Nuh huh
MASON: yeah huh
ME:  Nuh huh
ME: Fine, go ask your mom if you can tell.
MASON:  No, she's crazy.  She has issues.
Bahahahaha. 

It then continues for another 30 minutes and I'm now well versed on which ones do what on Angry Birds.

Why Oh Why is this 6 year old outside for HOURS at a time without a parent at least walking out on the porch to check to see if he's still on our block.  This floors me.  He's 6!  I suppose at least she's telling him about lunatits and stranger danger.



Someone should warn her paper napkins stick to your tongue!


No comments:

Post a Comment